Immigration to the US as a Construction Worker

Occupation Visa Options for Immigrating to the US

There are two options when it comes to construction workers seeking to immigrate to the United States. Let’s explore these options!

H-2B Visa: Non-Agricultural Workers

The H-2B Visa is a temporary work permit available to applicants who are coming to the United States as skilled and unskilled workers, unlike the H-1B visa which is for highly skilled workers in “specialty occupations.” There are many occupations that are eligible for an H-2B non-agricultural visa. 5 of those occupations include:

  • Landscaping and groundskeeping workers
  • Forest and conservation workers
  • Amusement and recreation attendants
  • Maids and housekeeping cleaners
  • Meat, poultry, and fish cutters and trimmers

EB-3 Visa: Employment-Based Visa for Permanent Workers

Applying for an employment-based visa may be a great choice for you if you’re looking for a more permanent role in the US. This option is better for those who are already living in the United States on a temporary work permit like the H-1B, L-1, or in this case H-2B! The employment-based petition is a fast track to getting your US Employment-Based Green Card.